Jonathan Delbridge has over 14 years' experience as a professional pianist and much of his work has involved accompanying other musicians. He regularly works with leading professional musicians and accompanies auditions, graded and diploma exams and music festivals. He is also experienced in performing a wide range of music from classical to jazz and musical theatre.
Recent work includes:
- Accompanying virtuoso international trumpeter Crispian Steele Perkins.
- Accompanying leading bass Arwel Huw Morgan (Welsh National Opera, English National Opera).
- Performing with clarinetist and saxophonist David White in a “Sax Spectacular” concert featuring 9 different saxophones.
- Accompanying auditions for the Two Moors Festival Young Musicians Concert Platform.
- Accompanying exams with the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music, Trinity College London and the London College of Music ranging from grade 1 to diplomas.
- Accompanying the East Cornwall Bach Choir in a concert to commemorate the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare.
- And much more!
"Jonathan is an accomplished pianist whose sensitive musicianship and unerring ability to follow as an accompanist is a boon to any soloist, instrumental and vocal alike."
Arwel Huw Morgan - Bass
"It is always a great pleasure to work with Jonathan Delbridge as an accompanist for choirs. His excellent musicianship and keyboard skills ensure that he follows carefully the conductor and is also very sensitive to the performance of the choir. I can concentrate solely on the choir, knowing that he will add further support if necessary; helping me to re-establish tempi and tuning if necessary and seamlessly covering missed beats and entries."
Chris Howarth – Musical Director of East Cornwall Bach Choir and St Martin's Church, Liskeard
Jonathan is able to accompany rehearsals at his studio in Crewkerne, South Somerset and the current rate for this is £31 per hour. Email for quotes for accompanying for exams, auditions, concerts